K Li – Final Project Proposal

photo (3)Seawater Desalination Device

According to statistics, there is only a limited amount of fresh water. “Over 70% of our Earth’s surface is covered by water,  and 97.5% of all water on Earth is salt water, leaving only 2.5% as fresh water. Only 1% of the world’s fresh water is accessible for direct human uses.:” Also, disasters can happen at any given moment. What if your plane crashes, and you are left alone on an isolated island in the middle of the ocean? You will need drinkable water in order to survive. I am inspired by the movie Cast Away, so I decide to make a seawater desalination device to make drinkable water out of salty seawater. According to the theory, under sunshine the seawater will evaporate onto the plastic cover on the top of the container. The smaller container in the middle will hold the water, which is drinkable, dropping from the cover. It can be placed on airplanes in case of an emergency.

“Human Appropriation of the World’s Fresh Water Supply.”   University of Michigan.

www.globalchange.umich.edu.    16 May, 2015.    Web.

 

Sprint Runner Museum

In our museum we are shaping it as if you were looking at an Olympic track from a birds eye view. As our center point we are using the Olympic runner Oscar Pistorius. We are placing the museum in South Africa as it is a place of a bad economy and it is the same place which the runner is from. This will help this area financially and have a reason behind it.

IMG_3342

photo (1)photo (2)photo (3)